Lesley Undercofler, 2015 Potluck
3 c.packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. nuts - any kind you like
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X13 baking pan (or line with parchment paper, which I did)
2. In medium saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.
3. Stir in eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla.
4. Stir in flours, baking powder and baking soda.
5. Spread batter in prepared baking pan, sprinkle with nuts.
6. Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool a bit in pan on wire rack, then cut into bars while still warm.