Beef Short Ribs
Lorraine Wallace and Cheryl Cheston, January 2016 Potluck
1⁄3 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 lbs boneless beef short ribs
¼ cup butter (I used oil to brown)
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup beef broth
3/4 cup red wine
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 T Sriacha
1 1/2 tablespoons catsup
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 Put flour, salt and pepper in a bag.
· 2 Add ribs and shake to coat.
· 3 Brown ribs on all sides in butter or oil in a large skillet.
· 4 Put ribs in slow cooker.
· 5 In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients.
· 6 Bring to a boil, stirring.
· 7 Pour over ribs.
Cook on low about 6-8 hours, or 2 hours on High, then 3 hours on Low.
Costco and Whole Foods have boneless ribs.
This recipe originated as an adaption by Cheryl Cheston from a recipe on Food.com.