1) All plant material for both Floral Design and Horticulture classes must be correctly identified with the botanical and common name. American Horticultural Society A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants, RHS Index of Garden Plants and Hortus Third are the accepted references.
2) Entries will be accepted for registration, grooming and passing at the time specified in the Schedule and must be passed and in place and remain in place until the end of the meeting.
3) The exhibitor must remain with the exhibit until it is passed. The exhibitor may not touch the exhibit once it is passed.
4) Plant material on the State conservation list may be shown only if propagated and grown by the exhibitor and accompanied by a 3X5 card stating that it has not been wild-collected and stating the method of propagation.
5) Live animals (including fish), taxidermy and bird nests are not permitted.
Endangered species plants may not be used in shows.
The following endangered plants are included*:
All orchids (native) Orchidaceae family
All Trillium Trillium genus
Trailing Arbutus Epigaea repens
Pitcher plant Saracenia purpurea
*unless grown in exhibitor’s own garden
Invasive and Noxious Weeds on the Pennsylvania State List are not permitted.
The following invasive plants are included:
Cannabis sativa marijuana
Carduus nutans musk thistle, nodding thistle
Cirsium arvense Canadian thistle
Cirsium vulgare bull thistle, spear thistle
Datura stramonium jimsonweed
Galega officinalis goatsrue
Heracleum mantegazzianum giant hogweed
Lythrum salicaria purple loosestrife
Polygonum perfoliatum mile-a-minute
Pueraria Montana, P. lobata kudzu-vine
Rosa multiflora multiflora rose
Sorghum bicolor shattercane
Sorghum halepense johnsongrass